Sunday, July 3, 2011

Magical Mondays #1 - First Blog Post!


First off, Happy 4th of July!! Military people love to blow things up, and as we live right next to Post (Fort Riley) there's been a ton of fireworks going off at all hours of the day (and night!). My husband refuses to watch fireworks shows because "Disney's are so much better". That's my husband for you! He's worked at Disney twice now and is a true Disney Fanatic. The magical picture above is partly for him.
Me? Well, there's a lot I could tell you about me, but since this is the first blog post, I'll stick to the basics and you can figure out the rest for yourself as we go along...
  1. I've been writing off and on since I was 12, seriously for the past year or so.
  2. My adaption of the book "The Hobbit" was produced in a high school in Oregon for $100. The first and only money I've seen since writing
  3. Right now I'm working on a YA Fiction about a cutter. It's near and dear to my heart because I used to struggle with self abuse myself.
  4. I don't censor myself (well, I keep it G-rated language wise) on my blogs. I like to write honestly, and really deal with the issue at hand instead of jumping around it like a monkey.
  5. I'm addicted to coffee and caffeine. It's got caffeine in it, great, I'll drink it. With the exception of 5-hour energies. Those things are nastiness personified.
My Goals for This Blog
  1. To connect with other writers and authors
  2. To help others learn more about writing (from the limitedness that I know, and yes, I know that's not a word.)
  3. To give myself a creative outlet
  4. To always have fresh content for readers
  5. To give the writing community a place to come and re-charge their awesome ninja writing skills.
Yep, that's about it!
Cheers!
L Finch

No comments:

Post a Comment