Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weekly Wednesday Reviews


So I had nothing for weekly Wednesday reviews. Except this one book that I just finished that was excellent. Enter - Green Angel by Alice Hoffman. (So I guess, in a word, I don't have nothing...)

For starters, Publisher's Weekly calls it "Achingly lovely... in lean, hypnotic prose, Hoffman constructs a post-apocalyptic fairy tale leavened with hope".

I think that sums it up perfectly, but to give you some more idea of what it's about -

Green is a 15 year old girl who only dreams about turning 16 and blossoming - going into town and having everyone look at her and see how she's changed. How she's no longer just Green who works in the garden - she's someone special. But when her family is killed in a tragic accident, Green has to move though the stages of grief and learn to cope on her own. The writing is tight and the pose is excellent. This is the best book that I've read in a long time, and I can't wait to read more from Alice Hoffman.

Cheers!
L Finch



No comments:

Post a Comment