Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tricky Tuesdays

I just finished reading "Chapter after Chapter" by Heather Sellers and found (yet another) interesting point.
Sometimes as writers we like to read about writing, or even think about writing, and not so much do the whole writing thing.

This can be tricky for me because I want - no, I need - to be able to think my stories out before I write them out. Sometimes it feels like I've done my daily writing because I've spent so much time thinking about what I want to write. Or, because I've spent so much time reading other writer's works, it feels like I've done my daily writing.

But in all reality, we need our daily writing just like we need water. We need to actually put the pen to the paper and write it out. It can be tricky at times, and sometimes the line is blurred, because we do need that time to reflect, and re-focus.

It's hard.
How do YOU strike a balance in your writing life?

Cheers!
L Finch

No comments:

Post a Comment