Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Weekly Wednesday Reviews: The Writer's Idea Book



Hey homies,
I bought my first Writer's How-To when I was about sixteen  years old, and I thought I'd share the title with you. The Writer's Idea Book by Jack Heffron has been in my possession since my teenage years, serving as a constant companion through my writing life. The book includes something like 400 to 500 writing prompts, most of which go over the study of characters, voice, and the expansion of ideas. Every chapter touches on the basics any aspiring writer should know: from preparing your words to the enemies that stand in your way, to point of views and various forms and building worlds.
This book doesn't go over anything new, but it goes over everything every other book offers in a funny and concise way. I own several how-to books on writing, and The Writer's Idea Book has always been a favorite of mine. I highly recommend it to everyone eager to build up their collection!
You can buy it here!

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment